Onware now includes Sub-Contractor workflows. Access to the Sub-Contractor workflows, through the Navigation Menu, display for the Sub-Contractor and General Contractor roles within Onware. Click on a Sub-Contractor workflow for highlights and more information.
- Sub-Contractor Request for Information
- Sub-Contractor Request for Change
- Sub-Contractor Quotation
- Sub-Contractor Change Order
To accommodate the Sub-Contractor workflows, additional Settings and Project Edit information has been implemented.
- List of Trades available for selection in a person’s Preferences
- Customizable on a per project basis to accommodate project specific trades
- Codes for labor, material and sub-contractor cost lines
- If project specific trades are required, these can be customized (in the setting) and set for each individual, as necessary
- Ability to create project specific codes for Labour, Materials/Equipment/Transport or Sub-Contractor costs
- Ability to add default codes set in Onware
- Ability to identify the General Contractor company for the project
- Copies the rate entered into the CRX and calculates based on the rate provided
- Addition of a Sub-Contractor Contract type
Sub-Contractor Request for Information
The Sub-Contractor RFI document allows a Sub-Contractor to issue a question to the General Contractor. If the General Contractor can answer the question, they will return the Sub-Contractor RFI to the Sub-Contractor. If, however, the General Contractor cannot answer the question, the Sub-Contractor RFI document can be used to generate an RFI to submit to the requested Sub-Consultant disciplines for a response.
Sub-Contractor Request for Change
A Sub-Contractor can issue a Sub-Contractor Request for Change to the General Contractor. Once submitted, the General Contractor has the ability to use the Sub-Contractor Request for Change document to create a CRX.
A Sub-Contractor can only access (view/pdf) their own Sub-Contractor Request for Changes.
A CRX is the mechanism used by the General Contractor to request pricing from a Sub-Contractor. If pricing is requested, the Sub-Contractor will utilize the Sub-Contractor Quotation to submit pricing. If the General Contractor deems the pricing acceptable, the CRX can be used to generate a Unsolicited Change Request or initiate a Sub-Contractor Change Order.
A Sub-Contractor can only access (view/pdf) their own Sub-Contractor Quotations and must have a Trade identified in either their Preferences or within the Project to be able to provide pricing on a CRX.
Sub-Contractor Change Order
A Sub-Contractor Change Order, initiated from the Sub-Contractor Quotation on a CRX, allows a General Contractor to issue and the Sub-Contractor to Acknowledge it.
A Sub-Contractor can only access (view/pdf) their own Sub-Contractor Change Orders.