Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Onware Inc. was originally created by Onware Software Corporation in 2002. Onware Software Corporation was a spin-off of the University of Alberta’s Software Engineering Research Lab. Over the years, Onware has gone through two major technology shifts, and continues to refine, expand, and innovate.
Today, the Collaborative Contract Administration Software is on its ninth major release and we have created Onware Business Solutions, a branch of Onware Inc., to provide organizations in various industries with Custom Software Solutions and Business Intelligence to help see and understand their rapidly growing data.
A History of Onware
- First Internet application research begins at University of Alberta Software Engineering Research Lab and Avra Software.
- Learning and Innovation in New Company Creation (LINC) project started.
- Onware Software Corporation was originally founded in 2002 as a spin-off of the University of Alberta’s Department of Computing Science.
- Onware launches with Event Management and Architecture / Engineering / Construction products.
- Onware builds client base across western Canada with over 125 deployments.
- Event Management product licensed to Bits In Glass and re-branded Go Big Event. Onware Inc. is formed and continues to develop Architecture / Engineering / Construction products.
- Onware passes 500 projects and 1,750 users. In total Onware has helped manage projects with a total value over $2 billion.
- The fourth generation of Onware software is released to clients.
- Onware 7 released with more than triple the number of features of previous versions. Onware 7 is based on the Microsoft .NET platform and adds better performance and major refinements to existing features.
- Onware 8 released.
- Addition of Tableau as a new product offering for Onware.
- Onware 9 released.
- Onware Mobile app is launched
- Onware Sync is launched.
- Onware becomes an official part of the Procore App Marketplace
- Onware is incorporated in Texas with Head Office in Houston, Texas
- Tableau Cloud Backup Product is launched
Continuous Improvement and Excellence
Our passion is building and providing great software and experiences with attention to detail. We provide ongoing support to bring actionable insights to our customers that allow faster decision-making. Furthermore, we are constantly improving and adapting, implementing solutions that are constantly evolving with customer and industry needs.
Providing True Value to our Customers
Our goal is to bring true value to our customers. This goes beyond providing the lowest price, but rather working together to build a trusting relationship to understanding what is important and what creates value.
Accountability and Transparency
Onware is an organization that must act with both integrity and accountability. Because we build Internet applications and work with sensitive organizational data from many different industries, we have great responsibility to all our customers to protect and secure their data. In addition, we work closely with each customer to establish an open and transparent relationship and ensure we are operating within the specified organizational guidelines.
Empowering our People
We invest in our employees to promote personal and professional development. This might include attending a conference or training event or scheduling time to work on professional development projects. Our belief in investing in people aims to bring stronger job performance, satisfaction, and commitment to the organization, while helping to innovate together to achieve organizational goals.
Onware has increased productivity on over 7,000 projects totaling $20 billion in construction value
Protection of Human Health and Well-Being and the Environment
Onware is conscious to anticipate, prevent, and mitigate significant adverse economic, environmental, social, health, and ecological effects from our decisions.
Our electronic products and services do not contain toxic materials that are harmful to the environment or human health. We actively minimize the amount of paper being generated in our office and our work, preferring electronic delivery of documents, signatures, and even using technologies such as tablets with styluses to avoid paper notebooks.
When possible, we attempt to purchase goods, materials, and services that do not contain toxic substances that are harmful to the environment or human health. When alternatives are not available, we ensure that the toxic substances are managed and disposed of properly to protect the environment and the safety and well-being of humans. For example, we chose our coffee pod system because the pods are fully recyclable, and we replaced bottled water in our office with a combination of filter system and reusable water bottles.
Promotion of Environmentally Sustainable Economic Development and Conservation of the Environment and Resources
We understand our important role in society to reduce, reuse and recycle to prevent pollution and promote environmental sustainability. As a result, whenever practical, Onware prefers materials and goods and services that support conservation and sustainability. This includes but not limited to, high quality and durable products that last long, reusable or easily recycled material, less or environmentally friendly packaging, the use of renewable energy, and/or efficient use of energy.
Onware’s office installs energy saving smart office solutions that promote environmental sustainability, setting schedules to ensure heating and lights are turned off automatically after working hours. Moreover, we encourage our employees to reduce, reuse and recycle, whenever possible, to minimize adverse environmental impacts. All work areas, as well as communal areas – lounge and meeting rooms, and kitchen areas – are equipped with recycling containers.
Health and Wellness
flexible work arrangement
professional and career development
Beverages and Snacks
Can’t find the right opportunity but still interested in introducing yourself to the Onware team? Feel free to fill out this form.