Onware makes construction contract administration easier than ever by providing powerful reporting tools to create, manage, and distribute construction project documents.
Onware is a cloud based, collaborative contract administration software that provides transparent, real-time access to project documentation. Specifically designed for AECO (Architectural, Engineering, Construction, and Operations) stakeholders, Onware ensures contract administration runs smoothly for any construction project. Streamline document creation, review approvals with automatic tracking, receive task lists notifications, and view project document distribution and reporting analytics. Our ecosystem includes both built-in and stand-alone integrations to allow you to connect and seamlessly work between popular construction management and business analytics systems, such as Tableau, Power BI, Bluebeam, Procore and PlanGrid.
Onware has been proven to decrease turnaround time, increase efficiency, and provide higher transparency on constructions projects large and small across Canada.
Our construction contract administration software’s strength is our detailed logs and comprehensive workflows. Read below for our complete features and how we compare to other construction contract administration software.
Easy to Use
User centric design and years of refinement make complex tasks simple and painless.
Create and issue documents in just a few clicks
Creating and issuing documents in Onware is a snap. You can submit a Request for Information in as few as 5 clicks. Entering a response to an RFI can be done in only 2 clicks!
Deliver emails to the right people
Onware automatically distributes your issued document to the correct people. Users can specify which e-mails they wish to receive—such as a notification whenever a Supplemental Instruction is issued. No more remembering who wants to receive which documents; reducing e-mail clutter and overload.
Go direct to PDF without any plug-ins
Need a PDF of the document? Onware has you covered with built-in direct to PDF support for documents as well as reports. When receiving e-mail notifications, Onware will deliver you a PDF of the document and even combine it with other PDF attachments to help keep everything organized.
Automatically notify others when input is needed
Whether you have signed up to receive e-mail notification or not, Onware lets you know which documents need your attention. Your main menu displays a list of ‘alerts’ or action items of documents that are awaiting your input and is automatically dismissed once your input is provided. You can even choose to receive a daily digest of all your action items by e-mail.
Our cloud-based solution makes collaboration easier than ever before.
Just an internet connection is required
Onware is not only mobile friendly but also engineered to avoid things that slow web applications down, so if you are on site with only 3G you can still use Onware efficiently.
Work on contract administration from any browser
We are constantly testing with different platforms and version to make sure. Whether your favourite is Safari or Chrome, or you are stuck on Internet Explorer 11, Onware will work equally well.
Collaborate on construction projects using a secure central database
All Onware users work off the same secure central database, with no syncing required. Our cloud offerings leverage state-of-the-art Windows Azure SQL Database, with redundant systems, and regular backups. At the end of the project, final documents along with all attachments can be exported for archiving.
Get more done in less time with Onware’s distraction-free design.
View data seamlessly from one document to the next
Hate having to re-type the same thing over and over? We do too! Onware makes it easy to copy text from one document to another. For example, we automatically bring the text from a Contemplated Change in to a Change Order, you won’t have to enter the title or description over again.
Eliminate duplicate data entries and manual calculations
When a contractor prices a Change, they enter the dollar amount which Onware automatically carries forward into the Change Order and onto the Progress Claims – all without having to re-enter it! This helps to eliminate errors that could result in having to amend and re-issue dozens of documents. Plus, automatically calculating the amounts of the Change Orders means you can retire your existing spreadsheets.
Store signed contracts and documents with all attachments
It’s a drag printing out piles of documents and signing them all by hand, plus it’s a waste of paper. Onware helps by allowing you to upload your signature and then automatically inserting it in the documents that you issue. If someone is still signing the traditional way, we have you covered by allowing you to upload the signed versions at all approval steps.
Locate data quickly with searching and document linking
Remember that RFI about “acoustic tiles” from 3 months ago? Track it down easily with keyword search. There was a cost impact on that one, wasn’t there? You will know right away with a link between the RFI and a Contemplated Change. Onware not only makes it a trivial exercise find project documents, it lets you cross reference both in the documents themselves as well as on reports.
Look at your data differently with our real-time analytics and visualization tools.
Generate dozens of flexible, detailed reports
Each document in Onware provides at least two reports: a summary version formatted for printing and a CSV file that can be opened in Excel or your favourite spreadsheet. Using a set of convenient, well-thought out filters, you can control which data will show up on these reports. Need to know which outstanding RFIs are waiting a response from your electrical consultant? It’s only 6 clicks away.
Access project summaries reports on the status of open items
Run a Project Summary report on each of your jobs to see all outstanding items, including RFIs, Changes, and Shop Drawings, showing their status as well as who it is waiting for. Click on any item for more detail.
Track the aging of active items
Maintain standards on turn-around time using Onware’s Active Items report. It shows summary information on Requests for Information, Changes, Progress Claims and Shop Drawings with their age in days. Managers can schedule this report to be delivered to them by e-mail on a recurring basis.
Compare jobs with cross-project metrics and comparisons
Onware has numerous reports for performance metrics to compare projects. From tracking response times and summarizing by Studio or Business Unit, to a summary of Changes by code on your projects and comparisons across other projects.
How Onware Makes Your Construction Contract Administration Simple and Efficient
Project Administration and Design
- View a real-time list of all items requiring input
- Quickly identify new and overdue items with color coding
- Automatically dismiss inputs once completed
- Obtain clarification or ask questions to any project group or individual participant
- Create private Clarification Requests with role-based access
- Customize notifications to control the types of emails you want to receive
- Automatically send emails to the correct people
- Automatically combine documents and attach single PDFs to e-mails
- Organize and record all meeting details
- Track and assign action items to project participants
- Distribute meeting minutes via e-mail
- Create private meetings with role-based access
- Use the Project Summary to visualize project document progression, including document aging, in real-time
- Generate document-specific reports with convenient filters to show data and details important to you
- Print a summarized version of your document-specific reports
- Export your reports in various supported formats, including CSV files that can be opened in spreadsheet software
- Upload documents or reports for acknowledgement of receipt
- Create private documentation documents with role-based access
- Send documents to any project group or individual participant
- Organize and record communication sent on project
- E-mail project documents, at any time, to anyone, directly from Onware
- Upload large files with Unlimited Storage
- Share folders and files with role-based access
- Access documents anytime, 24/7
- Own and archive all project
- Stamp Submittal PDF drawings directly in Onware using our built-in stamping tool
- Tag PDF attachments with live links to Onware document(s)
- Use our Bluebeam integration to create Studio sessions, notify reviewers to join the session, mark up the drawings, and retrieve the final document – without leaving Onware
- Create, store, and manage an unlimited number of users, companies, and projects
- Invite users to collaborate on your projects
- Assign user permissions
- 150+ settings for unique project configuration
- Digitally submit, approve, and track time and project expenses digitally with our electronic timesheet and expense submission, approvals, tracking, and reporting by billable or non-billable line items
- Set up a flexible approval hierarchy
- Track accrual sick leave, vacation time, time in lieu, and overtime per user
- Report project invoice billing
Bidding and Negotiation
Contract Bid & Award
- Propose an alternative vendor during the bidding process
- Send an official letter to bidders acknowledging successful or unsuccessful bid submission
- Notify bidders of modification to the previous bid documentation
- Easily request, track, and report Consultant input on instructions
- Record the Contractor’s acknowledgement of instruction
- Benefit from a flexible approval process
- Watch how to issue a supplemental instruction
- Automatically identify and notify users that their response is required
- Allow Contract Administrators to review all RFIs before responding to the Contractor
- Revise original question with follow-up questions
- Watch how to issue a RFI
- Easily request, track, and report Consultant input on substitution requests
- Manage substitution resubmissions as a revision to the original submission
- Automatically transfer information from substitution to scope change document
Quality Control and Payment Process
- Retrieve real-time weather data directly within Onware for the project’s location and date of review
- Document and manage deficiencies and/or safety issues
- Upload supporting images or drawings with your observations
- Create inspection checklists for use across all or specific projects
- Watch how to issue a site visit
- Stay on top of submittals with detailed searching and reporting
- Stamp documents directly within Onware
- Start Bluebeam sessions for drawing markups, and invite reviewers directly from within Onware
- Send Contractor submissions to Consultants for review
- Watch how to issue a submittal
- Allow Contractors to easily submit their monthly invoices, backup documents for review, and issued payment certificates
- Quickly monitor claim review deadlines to ensure timely response or payment
- Easily request, track, and report Consultant input
- Maintain chronological claim records
- Automatically calculate payment amounts, including current and previous retained, released, and paid amounts
- Watch how to approve a progress claim
- Allow Consultants to propose an identified scope change
- Quickly filter and sort Consultants by discipline with Onware’s custom numbering scheme
- Quickly transfer Consultant Recommendation into a scope change document
- Watch how to review a consultant recommendation
- Approve scope changes prior to requesting pricing
- Implement a dollar value threshold
- Ensure targeted visibility with role-based access
- Submit estimated price of requested scope change in just 2 clicks
- Easily request, track, and report on Consultant input on submitted pricing
- Automatically populate Time Impact and Quoted value into the Change and subsequent Change Order
- Watch how to create a quotation
- Easily manage Change (Contemplated Change Notice or Proposed Change Notice)
- Categorize Changes by Code and/or Discipline for easy filtering and reporting
- Seamlessly pre-populate change details, such as Title, Contract, and Dollar Value into the Change Order
- Track and report on multiple timelines, such as number of days to receive pricing and number of days to issuance of Change Order
- Benefit from a flexible approval process
- Watch how to issue a change for pricing
- Pre-populate Change Orders with details, such as Title, Contract, and Dollar Amount
- Automatically calculate original and revised Contract value and Change Order value in chronological order
- Compile all documents related to scope change, including supporting documents, into one, combined PDF “package”
- Watch how to issue a change order
For your organization:
Onware offers a customized user experience with corporate branding. Include your company’s logos, colours, custom project forms, and letterheads.
For you, individually:
Onware allows you to receive email notifications for functions that you define. You can add “favourites” (quick one-click access to different document logs), e-sign documents after your review, and more.
Onware Sync is a cloud-based platform that integrates different construction management software applications, such as Onware and Procore, for easy transfer of data and documents. It acts as a messenger and gathers information from one system’s database then inputs it to the next.
For most construction projects, contract administrators handle large volumes of information across multiple construction software systems. Often, contract administrators manually type this information into each system. However, manual data entry prevents contract administration from running smoothly because it is time consuming and prone to human error. Contract administrators, prime consultants, and architects rely on having up-to-date, accurate information to ensure construction projects are completed on time, in budget, and within scope. Onware Sync will seamlessly connect your applications to save time, effort, and money. Integrating your existing construction management systems with Onware’s contract administration software is easy.
How Onware Sync Works
Onware Sync synchronizes your data from one application to another via a cloud-based system. It runs automatically in the background to collect and process information from one system and input it to the next system of choice.
For example, if you want to process a Request for Information (RFI) from Onware in Procore’s construction management system, you can use Onware Sync to transfer this information between Onware, Procore, or other construction management platforms. Once Onware Sync is running, your workflows will be connected to one another. The system will regularly pull data to keep everything in sync for you. Use Onware Sync to communicate between your construction management systems. By integrating your systems, you can improve productivity, manage contract administration with ease, and focus on more important aspects of your project.
- Work Offline: Conveniently download your documents on the app and view them offline – no matter where you are: in the office, on-site, or on-the-go.
- Get Notified: Receive push notifications on your mobile device for any action items requiring attention. Similar to Onware online, Onware Mobile allows you to view your action item on the app’s homepage.
- Save Time: After your first log-in, the app saves your credentials , so you can manage contract administration without delay.
- Site Visits: Issue reviews of work progress, and document deficiencies. Once on site, the Contract Administrator, Consultant, or General Contractor Project Manager can comment on the document and send it to the next user in the workflow.
Business Intelligence Integration
Decrease project risk and reduce profit erosion in your portfolios and individual projects. Compile your project data together into a single place to quickly identify key trends and risks through highly visual and easy to use analytics.
Make better decisions in buying out subcontracts. View past and current performance of subcontractors across all your projects in one place.
Quickly identify financial risk and aging of unexecuted Change Orders across all projects.
Build Your Own
Start with one of over 50 construction industry specific templates or build your own with easy drag-and-drop, so you don’t have to wait on an IT change request to get your answers.
Reduce schedule impacts by having complete transparency on response times, project communications, and key project deliverables.
Create Studio sessions, notify reviewers to join the session to mark up the drawings, and retrieve the final document – all without leaving Onware.
Onware is now an official part of the Procore App Marketplace.
The dashboard is interactive. Click to look at details and filter. You can also use CTRL+Click to highlight two or more products to compare side by side.
Please note: Our software comparison was based on a points system at the function level. From information available at the time of review (Spring 2020), we assigned a zero if a function was not available, one if it was partially available, and two if it was completely available. Software packages change constantly, so we can make no warranty or assurance that the information presented here is accurate.Case Studies ➜